4th of July Fun
Nothing says 4th of July like BBQ’s, fireworks, sunshine and red, white & blue themed EVERYTHING. Whether you are hosting a big party, or staying home with the family, the below craft is a fun way to embrace the holiday- giving a classic décor item an Independence Day makeover.
- Take one piece of tissue paper (either red, white or blue), fold it once lengthwise, then once widthwise, and one more time widthwise. Please note; 1 piece of tissue paper makes 4 tassels.
- Cut small strips of tissue paper leaving 2in. of uncut tissue paper on the top-
- Unfold the paper one fold and cut down the middle.
*make sure the 2 in’ uncut portion is on the fold
- Take one of the halves and unfold it again to make 2 sections. Then take the second halve and unfold it again. One piece will need to be cut in half lengthwise to make 2 more sections. You should end up with 4 separate sections.
- Take each section one at a time and roll the center portion. The fringe has a tendency to get tangled as you roll, so continuously run your fingers through the fringe to avoid this.
6. Take your tassel and fold it in half twisting the sides in opposite directions until it makes a loop at the top.
7. Finally, take each tassel, alternating colors on a piece of twine to make a 4th of July, firework-inspired garland.
Enjoy your 4th with family and friends!